The Banca Popolare di Sondrio was founded in Sondrio in 1871 and in its first century of life it grew by creating a capillary network in its chosen province and only then spread further, beginning with Lombardy and finally reaching the capital. In 1991 the bank crossed national borders and opened a representative office in Lugano which, in 1995, made way for the Banca Popolare di Sondrio (SUISSE) SA, a bank governed by Swiss law and wholly owned by the parent company.
This initiative was a winning choice: the Italo-Swiss border does not prevent the flow of ideas, culture, creativity or actions. Nature gave the Ticino the same geography as the Province of Sondrio: the mountains, the climate and traditions are similar, as well as human and economic relationships and the historical ties that are common to the two regions.
In recent years the Banca Popolare di Sondrio (SUISSE) SA has grown constantly, opening new branches, agencies and branch offices in Switzerland in addition to some representative offices.
The Institute performs a wide range of activities in all sectors with equal competence, offering itself as a "universal" bank and operating in accordance with the Group's philosophy: a Bank that has the Customer at the centre of their attention.
To visit the site go to: www.bps-suisse.ch